Monday, September 22, 2008

injuries, work, and why we do this....

I'm still getting used to blogging and remembering to post updates, changes, thoughts, etc....but I'll get better. Even though I'm not sure anyone reads this blog but I'll pretend.

Anyways, training has been interrupted for a couple of things, but I'm still getting by. had an injury a couple weeks ago that kept from doing any activity at all. Details....let's just say that it was an infection caused by running and friction in place that is uncomfortable for anyone. I think that'll do. After coming back from that, i was able to hammer out a week of running and training, but had to go to Florida for work for 3 days, which didn't allow me to run. Oh yea, in between that, my basement flooded which doesn't help free up time either. This is all mixed with planning a wedding, prepping one house to be sold while planning the build of another house.

Currently, i am 12 days out from my 12 Hour Children's Hospital Run. I will be hammering out 7-8 days of hard runs/training sessions before i have to travel for 3 days to West Virginia for work right before the race. I tapered once and i hate it...so i hope 3 days rest in West Virginia will be enough for the 12 hour run.

All this going on, I'm always asked "why do you do these type of events or this type of training?" or "why do you put yourself through that?" or blah blah blah blah..... my first response in my head is to ask that person, "Why don't you do these events?" or "Why don't you put yourself through this?"

More on this later...

Thanks.

No comments: